FBackup 8 Application Interface not Displaying

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
mel.thorpe

FBackup 8 Application Interface not Displaying

Post by mel.thorpe »

Good day all. I have FBackup 8 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

When I log on to the server: when I double-click the application shortcut on the desktop, the splash screen shows and disappears but the application interface never loads or is never displayed (I have a video but it cannot be inserted in this post). The application icon is visible in the system tray/notification area with the pause icon next to it. In task manager, FBackup.exe and bTray.exe are both running.

When I remotely into the server from my PC with administrator account: when I double-click the application shortcut on the desktop, the application interface loads and is displayed but the scheduled backups are not shown. The application icon is visible in the system tray/notification area as normal.

Can someone please assist? I have to check to see if the company's scheduled backups are successful or not.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: FBackup 8 Application Interface not Displaying

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

For the missing interface problem, please close FBackup, then go to "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 8\" and rename the Layout.ini file. Then open FBackup and it should start correctly.

For the second problem, please note the backup jobs are per user. Each user can see only the backup jobs he created.