fbackup conflicts?

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
clatskanie

Post by clatskanie »

I have been using fbackup very successfully for about a year - indeed it actually saved my life (or at least all my data, etc) when a particularly nasty virus all but wiped out my PC.
However I recently installed Teatimer as a part of Spybot S&D and since then the scheduler is not kicking in or running at the appointed times at all, despite being configured successfully and I am getting all sorts of error messages and peculiar PC behavior. I need to shut down my PC and reboot before I can do anything else.
The PC reboots OK - but I am becoming convinced this is some kind of conflict between Spybot's 'teatimer' and fbackup.
It has occurred to me that teatimer (which runs continually in the background, may possibly be sensing that something (ie fbackup) is trying to copy files from my hard drive (fbackup backs up to an external drive) ...and is therefore stopping it...or something lke that.
Just guessing.
Any info on the likelihood of this please, or any known conflicts?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Can you put FBackup in the trusted applications list of Teatimer?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html