fBackup ignoring a MAJOR folder

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
hermit

Post by hermit »

I have a backup job set up that backs up multiple folders. One of these folders was called d:\DAW and backed up (Mirror) to t:\DAW. I moved the folder d:\DAW to e:\DAW and removed d:\DAW from the backup job and added e:\DAW to the backup job, expecting that it would see all the same files and would continue the mirror from there, or at least make the deletion of t:\DAW and recreate it from e:\DAW. Unfortunately, neither happened. fBackup completely deleted t:\DAW, and completely ignores e:\DAW. I added a couple of other folders from e:\ and fBackup copies them over just fine. I have run fBackup over a dozen times now, and it says 0 files to back up, which I find strange, considering that there are 127GB of files to back up. I tried removing and readding e:\DAW to the backup job many times with no change. If I add files to e:\DAW, fBackup appears to notice them, back them up, then delete them again at the end of the job, saying that they don't exist on the source. Which, of course, they do.
Is there any way to force fBackup to rebuild it's catalog? I tried moving the catalog file from the remote mirror, but that had no effect whatsoever. I really don't want to have to run another job for something that it was already doing before.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
If you change the source files location, FBackup will back up those files again from the new location.

Please send me the last backup log from View->Job Logs->Last backup log to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

hermit

Post by hermit »

So, last night, I added a folder to e:\DAW, and I ran fBackup, and it backed it up. So, in my e:\DAW folder, I have 26 folders and files. On the mirrored backup, I have only that new folder from last night.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send me the .fkc catalog file from the backup destination to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html