Fbackup minimises to tray on its own

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
MiG

Post by MiG »

Odd bug... If I have Fbackup as the active window, then open the start menu and click a link there (to 'my computer'), Fbackup minimises to the system tray on its own.
It repeats this behaviour reliably every time I perform said action, even though I have 'show tray icon' disabled completely in Fbackup options. I use Fbackup 4.6 build 260 on WinXP SP3, patched to date.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
We don't have such problems here and FBackup does not have such actions implemented in code. Please try the same on another computer, do you have the same problem?

Is there any other application behaving like this on your computer?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

MiG

Post by MiG »

This is the only app, perhaps it's interpreting a certain combination of actions as a command to minimise to the systray for some reason.

Is there a debug mode or other sort of advanced logging that I can enable to track this down? Or do you have a debug version that I could temporarily use?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
We don't have a debug version to offer you. Do you have the same problem on another computer too?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

MiG

Post by MiG »

Interesting... It appears to only occur on this computer. Doesn't happen with other shortcuts in the start menu (or at least the ones I tried), and the location of the 'my computer' shortcut within the start menu doesn't matter either. I even created a brand new one, and it still happens (even though on the other machines fbackup behaves normally under the same conditions). I'm stumped. Any ideas?