Fbackup shuts down after working once

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
jurasds

Fbackup shuts down after working once

Post by jurasds »

Fbackup shuts down after working once. I have uninstalled and re-installed 3X and the same thing happens. When I click on backup, it does nothing. If it works on the fresh installation, the program itself must be altering some files in my computer to stop its working the second time. My computer would not be the culprit.
HP win 10, 8 mb memory desktop
Please help.

ke317

Re: Fbackup shuts down after working once

Post by ke317 »

jurasds wrote:Fbackup shuts down after working once. I have uninstalled and re-installed 3X and the same thing happens. When I click on backup, it does nothing. If it works on the fresh installation, the program itself must be altering some files in my computer to stop its working the second time. My computer would not be the culprit.
HP win 10, 8 mb memory desktop
Please help.
I am using Fbackup too, see below if it can helps. :)

- Restart "Fbackup 7 service" in windows services (Windows key +R, type "services.msc")
- Try disable "Windows defender" (Setting > Windows update & Security > Windows Defender)
- Check Firewall rules in allows apps communicate through windows firewall. (Select the check box of Fbackup7, Fbackup 7 bBackup app, Fbackup 7 bRestore app, Fbackup 7 bTest app under "Privacy" or "Public")
- Can see anything in Fbackup "View log" after click on backup? (C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 7\Logs)

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

@jurasds

Please close FBackup, rename this folder "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 7\" and open FBackup. It will start with no jobs. Create a new job and let us know if you still have the problem.

jurasds

Post by jurasds »

Thank you for your replies. I hesitate to study and act on them as yet because the second attempt at backing up succeeded today, and I am awaiting to see if third backup also succeeds, and the problem fixed itself. The main reason I do not want to start a new job is that my backup file is so great that the last time that I did that it took over 12 hours from start to finish and that was many years ago. Today the file is much greater, but each day a backup only takes less than 15 minutes. However, I still think that there is a simpler solution, if it occurs again, that deals with Fbackup changing something in the temp files. If it continues to happen, I shall merely keep uninstalling and running the file each day until I discover what it is, as it is really a simpler and fairly quick solution for now.