FBackup task in Task Scheduler fails : bug (but solved?)

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
gump

FBackup task in Task Scheduler fails : bug (but solved?)

Post by gump »

Hi,

In another post I was asked about trying to set up a Backup Job to back up a directory daily (and to keep multiple copies - alas, I have to upgrade).

However, when I set up the Scheduler for the Daily Backup Job in FBackup 5, it seems to set up 2 tasks in Windows 7's "Task Scheduler". One is the daily backup job (task), and another tray daemon.

This task is called :
FBackup 5 Tray Agent_<my_account_name>

and is triggered :
At log on

The program started is :
"C:\<path_to_program>\FBackup 5\btray.exe"

The problem is that it failed every day on my log onto the laptop.

This was the (failed) Event Property :

Task Scheduler failed to launch action "C:\Other\Program Files\FBackup 5\bTray.exe" in instance "{6028afe7-a8d7-40e1-b995-c7ca812e30d6}" of task "\Softland\FBackup 5\FBackup 5 Tray Agent_<my_account_name>". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942667.

When I looked this error up :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2452723

says it is because "... scheduled tasks fail to run if the path in Start in (Optional): field for the task is enclosed within quotes.To workaround this problem, please do not enclose the path in Start in (Optional): within quotes. The quotes are not required even if the path includes spaces.".

Sure enough, in the "Start in (optional):" field in the Action :

"C:\<path_to_program>\FBackup 5\"

Once I removed the quotes, and re-ran the Task, it completed successfully.

This is the new Event Property :

Task Scheduler successfully completed task "\Softland\FBackup 5\FBackup 5 Tray Agent_<my_account_name>". " , instance "{73615690-36f3-4cae-982b-b54656db514c}" , action "C:\Other\Program Files\FBackup 5\bTray.exe" with return code 0.

Therefore, you may want to update the "FBackup 5 Tray Agent" Task to remove the quotes from the "Start in" filed.

Eric

Adrian (Softland)

Re: FBackup task in Task Scheduler fails : bug (but solved?)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The problem is solved in the latest release of FBackup (5.0.192).