Files on destination drive missing

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
connie

Post by connie »

I used Fbackup 2 years ago and had the catalog & zip file on an external hard drive connected to computer tower by usb. It is labeled drive G: Yesterday I downloaded the newest version of Fbackup (free), installed it, and ran another backup to G:. Afterward, when I looked at G: to see if the backup files were there, I do not see them. No .fkc file, no zip file. AND several files and folders of pictures and videos that were previously on G: are missing. When I open FBackup, it shows the file I created yesterday in its window, and I have looked at the "Restore" options, but am afraid to run it for fear I will lose the lost files for good. My pc (Windows XP) seems to be running normally and nothing is missing so far, but many important files are missing from the destination drive. How could that happen? Fbackup still shows G: as the destination drive, so I didn't mess that part up. I believe I chose the zip option, not the mirror option.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send me the last backup log from View->Job Logs->Last backup log to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

connie

Post by connie »

Just an update, in case any one else experiences this: I'm not sure but I think the problem may be in the external hard drive. (Its a Maxtor OneTouch) It is slowing down and chkdsk found some things that needed repair. I turned it off, unplugged power and usb cable, turned it back on, then booted up Windows, then plugged usb back into the external drive. After a few minutes Windows recognized the drive and the files showed up. So the external drive may be on its way out. Thank you for responding.