Folders restoring empty

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
pen

Folders restoring empty

Post by pen »

Hi, I backed up using fbackup4 full backup, wiped the machine and am now attempting to restore. None of the single files come back and all the folders are empty of their documents. I managed to recover the desktop files but had to do each document individually - if I chose more than one, only the top selection recovered. Also some of the documents are empty of their contents. I am running windows 8.1. All the files backed up are visible on the recover screen. I can't attach the catalogue file as its 2.5mb compressed and I do not have the last backup log as the machine was wiped. Strangely the folders with pictures in restored successfully.

Do you think a programme update would sort the issue?
Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Folders restoring empty

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

In Restore Wizard, did you select the "Restore excluded and deleted files" option?
if not, please run again the restore with that option selected.

In the backup destination, can you find the files which should be restored? Do they exist there?

pen

Post by pen »

I have tried with this option checked and unchecked. This morning I upgraded from v4 to v5 and its still the same, all folders are empty. If I restore again and just select one folder with say six files inside only the top file restores.

I can see all the files there when I try and recover so I am confident the backup was successful, its just the restore that is not right.

Any advice you can provide is much appreciated

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us to info[at]fbackup[dot]com the following:
- the last restore log
- the .bkc catalog file from the backup destination.