Full Backup Creating Multiple Zips and warning message

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
readysell

Full Backup Creating Multiple Zips and warning message

Post by readysell »

I have an issue with a full backup setup which I have created for the OS Drive which has 3 Zip files at difference dates and file sizes. Can you please explain why this is happening as I have other F Backups which have been configured in the same way which only produce one zip file. Another issue which I have seen is warning appear in the program after the backup is completed. The log show me a warning error which refer to a USN Journal feature being disable, what does this refer to and why does it need to be enabled? I am aware that the program is not use for OS restore and backups but I want to backup the C:/ to restore the files back after the system be reloaded if an major error accords. Is there address which I can forward the FKC and Log file to as I can't use the "Upload attachment" tab at the bottom of the screen.

hans12345

Re: Full Backup Creating Multiple Zips and warning message

Post by hans12345 »

I have the same problem. Made a full backup and i ended up with 3 zip files. i also saw a warning after backup. Restore gives a warning because 1_I.zip could not be found instead 1_I001.zip. Please help.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The multiple zip files you get are split parts of the same zip file.
When restoring the backup, you need to have in destination all zip splits: .zip, .z01,.z0x and so on.

The UNS message in log is only an information, not a warning. As Volume Shadow copy message, it could be the case that it does not apply for you. You don't need to worry about that line.

hans12345

Post by hans12345 »

Softland wrote:Hi,

The multiple zip files you get are split parts of the same zip file.
When restoring the backup, you need to have in destination all zip splits: .zip, .z01,.z0x and so on.

The UNS message in log is only an information, not a warning. As Volume Shadow copy message, it could be the case that it does not apply for you. You don't need to worry about that line.

Thanks, but how can i point Fbackup to 1_I001.zip instead of 1_I.zip. All the zipfiles are in the same backup directory.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

No, you need to point to .zip file. It contains information about the other splits. If the .zip file is missing, the other splits are useless.

hans12345

Post by hans12345 »

Softland wrote:Hi,

No, you need to point to .zip file. It contains information about the other splits. If the .zip file is missing, the other splits are useless.
Is there an explanation why the splits are constructed, but not the master zip? Did i something wrong?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

If the backup was made with no errors, that means the .zip file was also created. Is it possible that it was manually delete by someone by mistake?