Help completing a backup

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
magicgraywolf

Help completing a backup

Post by magicgraywolf »

Hello, I am going to try to get an answer to the difficulties that I am having completing a backup. I did one the other day, and when completed it had a yellow tangle with a ! in it. I am not sure what that was telling me, so I deleted it and started over today. I ran one Back up and it stopped at 50% for some unknown reason.

Then I started over this afternoon, that one stopped with the following error:

A shadow copy could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP" appllication event logsfor more information.
Details: Insufficient storage available to create either the sadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data.

This is the same error I got when trying to use the windows backup program, on all three of my computers. Now I am getting it with EBACKUP. i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT "vss" or "SPP" or how to find them. And I do not understand why it keeps saying Insufficient storage available to create the shadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data.

I finally found the error log, think. it is below:
[1/26/2014 7:26:26 PM] Added file C:\Users\Glenn\music\LibeiVox Poems\long_poetry_007_librivox_64kb_mp3.zip
[1/26/2014 7:28:01 PM] Close catalog file "C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\New Backup.fkc"
Backup aborted. Reason:
Backup aborted at 1/26/2014 7:28:02 PM with 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
[1/26/2014 7:28:07 PM] Open catalog file "C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\New Backup.fkc"
[1/26/2014 7:28:07 PM] Close catalog file "C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\New Backup.fkc"
[1/26/2014 7:28:07 PM] GetConsoleComm().Stop
[1/26/2014 7:28:08 PM] Close catalog file "C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\FBackup.hst"

I would than anybody who will answer my questions in a timely manner. I had two other posts on this forum, one on General, and the other on Troubleshooting. But if figured out what I needed for those concerns, and deleted the post because nobody made any effort to answer. If this is the only means of troubleshooting this program then I don't need it. Please I need help to make my back up so I can install windows again.

In the destination path is it \Users\Public\Documents\MyBackup\ or can remove the Public as I don't have anything in public files or folders that I know of.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Help completing a backup

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The VSS service is used when backing up open files.
Can you please send me the backup log to info[at]fbackup[dot]com to see what the problem is?