Installing version 4.7

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Imbibery

Post by Imbibery »

I can download this new version easily enough, but cannot install as I receive an Error Message saying: An error occured when trying to replace the existing file: "Delete File Failed; Code 5. Access Denied".

Any clues ??

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please restart the computer and try again.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Imbibery

Post by Imbibery »

Thanks, but no luck. Restarted twice but still get same error message.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Which is the file with problems?

Is that an .exe file?
Please make sure it is not running in Task Manager.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Imbibery

Post by Imbibery »

I think it's "Deletefile". But it maybe the whole thing. Maybe this new v4.7 will not "update" my existing v4.6 as there seems to be conflict between the 2 versions. Do I have to delete v4.6 first? What will this do to my existing backups?

The full error message says: "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: Deletefile failed; code 5. Access is denied". At this point there appear to be 2 things running in Task Manager: Setup and Setup-FBackup 4.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
There is no conflict between these versions. No other user complained about that.

Try to uninstall FBackup or delete the installation folder before installing the new version.

Imbibery

Post by Imbibery »

Yeah, I know.....it's always just me with the problems. Probably best if I don't uninstall v4.6 because I still may not be able to install v4.7 -- and I will be left with nothing.
But thanks for trying.

Imbibery

Post by Imbibery »

Just tried for the last time and it worked! Clicked 'Save' instead of 'Run' and ran it from the downloaded folder. Only trouble is it's not doing an incremental backup, but the whole 3 hour thing! Oh well...

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

friends...I am having the same trouble as Imbibery. I cannot update to 4.7 I get the same exact error messages as he did: "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: Deletefile failed; code 5. Access is denied". At this point there appear to be 2 things running in Task Manager: Setup and Setup-FBackup 4. . I have tried rebooting and double checked task mgr for .exe files running. I am reluctant to uninstall my current version of FBackup for fear of loosing all my previous backups. please advise what to try next. Many thanks...have been a big fan of this program and want to continue.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I'm good now. I kept hacking away at it and got it to install. Thanks and sorry for the bother.

P