Is Fbackup incremental?

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
RhysAndrews

Post by RhysAndrews »

Hey guys,

Windows 7 Backup lagged the crap out of my computer and I just didn't feel overly trusting of it. Also it takes up heaps of space on my backup drive.
FBackup seemed like a powerful and lightweight solution. I set a full backup to happen every night at 5am, in hopes that after the first full backup, all nightly backups would only take a few minutes to update any files that were changed.
But it's currently 11am and it's only 75% through backing up - this is almost a week into the schedule. Every night has been the same.
Please let me know if there is anything you need to help troubleshoot this, or if there's a quick answer to it all :) Thanks!
-Rhys

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Do you use the Full or the Mirror backup type? Please note the Full type will back up all files every time, while the Mirror backup type will copy only new and modified files.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

RhysAndrews

Post by RhysAndrews »

I see! I thought it was the other way around.

RhysAndrews

Post by RhysAndrews »

I'll see how I go with that :) THanks mate.

leroy

Post by leroy »

Bonjour,

Je voudrai simplement savoir comment pratiquer pour "vérifier et lire" sur mon disque dur externe les dossiers et fichiers sauvegardés, sans restaurer pour autant .

Merci pour la réponse. Mille excuses mais je suis débutant !.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi Leroy,
We don't offer French support, but I translated your question using Google Translate.
The test is automatically performed after each backup. You cannot perform a manual test using FBackup. That feature is available only in our commercial edition: Backup4all.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html