Library File Warnings

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
fullerdf

Post by fullerdf »

I have been using FBackup for some time to create a daily mirror backup of my user data files without issues.
I recently started getting 4 warnings in my backup log for the Guest account's library files. They are all about the same and read as follows --
Warning: Skipping file C:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\libraries\Videos.library-ms

Source error (code 5). Access is denied. (C:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\libraries\Videos.library-ms).
The same happens for the documents, music and pictures libraries. And it happens even though no one is logged in as Guest to cause a denial of access.
Two questions --
1. What changed to cause these new warnings.

2. Why do they continue after deleting and restoring the default libraries for the Guest account?
If there is an solution without excluding similar AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\libraries files, please let me know.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Do you have enough permissions to copy those files?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

fullerdf

Post by fullerdf »

Probably not but I never have had. No warnings were issued for months.
I think the libraries are hidden system files and I don't want to back them up. I want to back up only user data files. For some reason they started being backed up and issuing warnings with no change in the back up job definition.
I just changed the backup job by unselecting the AppData folder for each user. That seems to have cured the warnings but does not explain the changes that occurred in the basic mirror backup job.
Just thought it might be an issue for others as well an might need to be addressed by the Fbackup team.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
The backup sources list does not change by itself. There were some changes on your side in the configurations of FBackup or the folder structure on your computer was changed.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html