Log files not created for large jobs

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
ChrisLundy

Log files not created for large jobs

Post by ChrisLundy »

I have a number of backup jobs set of different sizes.
Originally they would all create log files (sometimes 50MB each) so I could find the few errors.
Now only the smallest jobs create log files, and the larger jobs simply have no logs at all, ever.
My log folder is 350 KB
The jobs finish with warnings, but there is no log to see which files had a problem.

Yes, I update FBackup every week or so. It has been happening for about 6 weeks with every version of fbackup 5.0

Is there any way to find out why the logs are never created?
The backups are almost useless if they have errors but I can't see which files are missing from them.

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Log files not created for large jobs

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please look at the backup log size before the backup is finished. What is the size of that file?

ChrisLundy

Post by ChrisLundy »

Well, I finally got around to running a backup during the day and watching the log size. It's still running, and I expect it to take a while to finish.

The log file jumped to just over 50MB while it created the list of files, and it is now 58MB at 6% backed up.
I'll make another post if it gets any bigger today, or if the log file is still there by monday.

ChrisLundy

Post by ChrisLundy »

The log file is still there from the backup I ran friday. It is 83 MB.
The scheduled backup ran saturday, but there is no log file for it.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

The folder log size is limited at 100 MB. If the Saturday log was larger than that, both logs could have been deleted when the limit was applied.

ChrisLundy

Post by ChrisLundy »

Is there any way to remove the 100MB log folder limit? Is this limit applied right after the backup, or at the beginning of the next one?

It isn't deleting the old 83MB log file or any of the smaller ones, but I think the scheduled backup would create a log file over 100MB.

Is there any way to only log error messages? I don't need a list of successful files.

Thanks,

Chris

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

We released version 5.0.455 of FBackup. The limit for logs folder was increased to 500 MB.

ChrisLundy

Post by ChrisLundy »

Awesome, thanks. I just installed the latest version. (5.0.450 was the version I could find).

ChrisLundy

Post by ChrisLundy »

The log folder was cleaned out again...
It ran a decent sized backup last night, and a small backup this morning. Now the log folder only shows the small backup from this morning. Yesterday it had more small logs in it.

Should I wait for 5.0.455, or is 5.0.450 the version with a 500mb log folder limit?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Since build 5.0.455 we increased the limit.