Log warning for missing folder that is not missing

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
drakkus

Log warning for missing folder that is not missing

Post by drakkus »

I just updated to v9, and now one of my jobs gives a warning in the log that a certain (empty) folder was not found in the zip. However, the folder is in the zip, and is in the log as being added to it. I tried both with and without backup empty folders ticked, but nothing changed. It's presumably not functionality-breaking, but I'd rather not get desensitised to warnings.
Hope you can help. Thanks in advance!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Log warning for missing folder that is not missing

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the last backup log and the .fkc catalog file to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I'll add a "me too" on this topic - I've also just upgraded from v8 to v9, migrated across my jobs and the first one I run reports 2911 Warnings for folders reported as missing from the backup zip during test (it's only ever entire folders that are reported missing, not files). Checking the contents of the saved zip file show that the folder (and it's contents) are present.
Running a test on the backup zip reports Errors on the same list of folders. So, it would seem something is not quite right in v9.
My backup log and fkc files are too big for email (174MB and 75MB respectively).

Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I can add further, for information, that second backup job using 9.0.198, a little smaller, also generated a similar set of warnings during the test phase about missing folders despite having already logged that the contents of folder were saved.

However, a third, much smaller job has just completed successfully.

(Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 20H2, 19042.867, Intel Core i3, 8GB RAM)

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If you have again the problem, please send us the last backup log and the .fkc catalog file to info[at]fbackup[dot]com, in a zip archive.

Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

OK, a third job has produced these same warnings. This time the resulting files are small enough to zip and email. Sent now.

torg42

Post by torg42 »

I am having the exact same issue. Checked and the folders are in the backup, but tons of warnings that they are missing. Any word on this yet from the techs?

Thanks,

T

Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've been advised that this has been ticketed to be fixed, but understandably no timetable on that.

torg42

Post by torg42 »

Understood.

Thank you,

T

Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

This issue is reported to be fixed in build 221 [change log]. Build 223 is now available and I'm installing that now...