Madness after importing FBackup4 jobs to 5

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Salisburyblue

Madness after importing FBackup4 jobs to 5

Post by Salisburyblue »

I had 2 backup jobs defined on FBackup4, "Even Months" and "Odd Months".
Before running "Odd Months" for the first time, I got a message that FBackup5 is available, so I downloaded it (Build 242) and imported my jobs into FBackup5 from FBackup4.
To start with, I ran "Even Months", which I am assuming (see later) just found a few changes and added them to the backup created last month. It certainly was over quite quickly, which is what I would have expected.
In between, I updated iTunes.
Now for the weird stuff: I ran "Odd Months" for the first time ever and it found 2 files (the changed iTunes control files), backed them up and finished!
What I had expected was that it would back up everything, to give me a second copy of all my files, so I could flip-flop between them.
Looking at the log, it had used the "Even Months" catalog, instead of creating a new one for "Odd Months", so had just copied the changes since "Even Months" had run.
Does this happen intentionally? I can't think it should.
Was it because I had imported a job with no existing catalog data, or can I expect this situation to reoccur in everyday running? That would make it hard to trust FBackup to do a proper job of keeping my backup files up to date.

Hoping that it was just an import error, I deleted the "Odd Months" job and recreated it, which seemed to be working OK (until, part way through testing the copied files, it gave me an IPC server error and stopped - I have just reported this in a different thread).

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Madness after importing FBackup4 jobs to 5

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us to info[at]fbackup[dot]com, the following files:
- all files from "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Jobs\"
- all files from: "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\"

Salisburyblue

Post by Salisburyblue »

There is no Catalogs folder.
Which files do you need?
In the AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup5 folder there are files called FBackup.ugn, FBackup.hst, and 3 configuration files called FBackup, Ribbon and Layout, along with 4 subfolders: Jobs, Logs, Plugins and Tags.
In the ProgramData\Softland folder there are configuration files called Backup5 and BackupW, along with a FBackup5 subfolder contain a lic file and Service Logs folder.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If there is no Catalogs folder, that seems to be a problem.
Please try to create a new backup job and run it. Is the folder created?
If not, please send me the last backup log for the new backup job. To find it, right click the job and select "Job Logs->Last backup log".
Send it to info[at]fbackup[dot]com