Maximum file size? Multiple uploads?

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
mikehihn

Maximum file size? Multiple uploads?

Post by mikehihn »

This is my first fbackup to a network (onedrive). I gave up on onedrive's desktop when I saw it was uploading the same music files every day.

My first run with you, I see music files uploading so I cancelled the session. Might they be uploaded just once, because all the source dates are recent (new computer)

In the log, 8 files were skipped, saying the size was larger than allowed. The largest was only 39MB so it wasn't Onedrive. I googled and everything trying to see a fbackup max filesize. So my question FEELS dumb, but do you have a max size, and what is it?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Maximum file size? Multiple uploads?

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

There is no limit for the maximum file size to be backed up. Please tell us the exact message or send us the backup log.
If you use the Full backup type in FBackup, a complete backup will be performed every time.
If you use the Mirror backup type, only new and modified files will be backed up.

mikehihn

Post by mikehihn »

Thanks, I use Mirror. The file is attached, but that's a lot to go through! Here's one of the warnings:

"[7/17/2014 2:24:51 PM] Preparing shadow copy
[7/17/2014 2:26:40 PM] Shadow copy created for drives E:
[7/17/2014 2:26:42 PM] Warning: Skipping file E:\WebsiteArchive\_BoiseWebs.zip
Destination error (code 223). The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved. (\\docs.live.net@SSL\10765B5240340641\WebsiteArchive_BoiseWebs.zip). \\docs.live.net@SSL\10765B5240340641\WebsiteArchive\_BoiseWebs.zip."

I did a few diagnostics before asking here. (Had a home computer since 1978 and the techs trained me well!)

I see "destination" in there, so I tried two manual uploads to onedrive.com, through my browser and watched them both complete successfully, and the online filedate updated.

Then I ran the same backup in fbackup again, which reported the same error for those two (and the other 23), even though they weren't that large and (I assume) shouldn't have been in the shadow copy anyhow, right?

In the log, the very last file listed has had a different warning, also continuing. "Destination error (code 1920). The file cannot be accessed by the system. "
This is strange. The file is already up there, but with a current date, not the source file date. The manual upload was successful, and also changed the online date to the source date (date date went backwards).

I appreciate your patience.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

It seems to be a limitation from the docs.live.net, or that is the message received.
There is nothing attached.