Minimize at startup

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
scottsacha

Post by scottsacha »

I have FBackup set to start when windows starts but is there any way to have it start minimized to the system tray instead of having to manually clicking hide every time I start my computer

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
At this moment there isn't such an option to start FBackup in tray.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

genepry

Post by genepry »

Will there ever be an option to start FBackup in the tray??? !!!
Excellent product, too bad that option is not available.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

We put your suggestion on the Wishlist. I cannot tell you exactly if this option will be implemented and when it will be available.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

genepry

Post by genepry »

Thanks for the response. I'll look forward to the updated version, if and when you are able to get around to it.

msklaver

Post by msklaver »

It really would be great if fbackup started minimized to the system tray instead of having to manually hide it at every start.

Otherwise it's a really great product!

pierrem

Post by pierrem »

Here is a tip that might partially help you until the feature is implemented.
I assume you have the Fbackup shortcut icon on your desktop. If so, right click on it and select Properties. Under the tab called Shortcut, Change the value for "Run" from "Normal window" to "Minimized" and click ok.
When the program executes, the program will be minimized above the "Start" button.
Pierre