Mirror Job isn't mirroring

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
LaughingMan008

Mirror Job isn't mirroring

Post by LaughingMan008 »

Ive selected the option to mirror my drive, and even selected the option "Remove excluded or deleted files from backup" and it... doesn't. If I delete a file on my drive, it stays there in the backup. Just with a little red minus symbol next to it in the window on the right side of the screen inside the program. Same if I try to move a folder. The folder gets put into the backup where I moved it, but the old folder isn't deleted.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Mirror Job isn't mirroring

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us to info[at]fbackup[dot]com:
- the last backup log
- the .bkc catalog file
- the name and path of such a file/folder which was not deleted from destination.

ianto39

Post by ianto39 »

I have the same problem with fbackup not deleting removed or excluded files, using the latest version 8.4.251.

The same problem has been recurring for years, I think if I delete & recreate the Backup job it may work for a while but eventually it'll break again.

PS I just used wetransfer.com to send you the fkc, backup log and some screenshots.

Adrian (Softland)

@ianto39
I just replied to your email.
We need to investigate each case, as this isn't a known issue in FBackup.

MrYann

Post by MrYann »

Hi all :)

I have the same problem : deleted files in the source stay in the backup, with a big red minus sign in the structure panel. Should I send something too ? Or is there a workaround to try ?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Is there any warning in the backup log?
If you manually create a test folder in sources, run the backup and then you delete it, is the folder correctly deleted from destination?

MrYann

Post by MrYann »

First, I apologize for my late response, especially in the face of your swift reaction, for which I thank you very much :)

manual creation of new folder in source
run backup
new folder is in destination
delete new folder in source
run backup
new folder still in destination

0 errors, 0 warnings

In the "profile" of the job, I checked "quick mirror" and "delete removed files" (I use a French version, so I'm not exactly sure of the English wording of the options)

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please note there must be at least one new or modified file in sources, for the backup to run.
If there are only deleted files/folders, the backup won't be executed, so the deletion part will not be executed as it is part of the backup.