Modify backup jobs, having more than one backups...

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Ernur

Modify backup jobs, having more than one backups...

Post by Ernur »

Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit) machine. I have some problems with Backup 5.0 (build 230)

1- I want to make some changes to the defined backup job, but I can't see that choice. When I start FBackup 5.0, on the Getting Started page I have the choices of Backup, Restore and Links. I select Backup, and I see the backup jobs that I had created before but there is no modify choice. How can I change the defined job ?

2- After the program started, I mean while it is running in the system tray, I click "Show FBackup", starting window displays and shows "loading app information" message, after 5-6 seconds a second message appears and loses (that I'cant read it), after that the window closes and nothing else happens. When I close the application and restart it, then I can see the Getting Started page.

3- When the backup runs, it deletes previous backups. Is it possible to have more than one backup of the same catalog ?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Modify backup jobs, having more than one backups...

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. To edit a backup job, you just need to double-click it or right-click it and select Properties.
2. What if you left-click the tray icon then left-click the FBackup icon which just opens?
3. With FBackup you can store only the latest version of the backup. If you want to keep track of multiple backup versions, please try our commercial edition: Backup4all

Ernur

Post by Ernur »

Softland wrote:Hi,

1. To edit a backup job, you just need to double-click it or right-click it and select Properties.
2. What if you left-click the tray icon then left-click the FBackup icon which just opens?
3. With FBackup you can store only the latest version of the backup. If you want to keep track of multiple backup versions, please try our commercial edition: Backup4all
1. When I select a backup job from Getting started page, double click or right click has no effect, nothing happens and I dont see any other page. The only thing I can do is to start a backup, or create a new job.

2. * If FBackup appears at taskbar and when I left click the FBackup icon from tray, then splash screen shows and after 2-3 seconds it disappears.

* If I close Fbackup from taskbar and when I left click the FBackup icon from tray, then getting started page is being shown.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Can you give me access to your computer using TeamViewer to see what the problem is?

Ernur

Post by Ernur »

Can you give me access to your computer using TeamViewer to see what the problem is?
Sure. I am in Turkey and My teamviewer is online between 06:30 AM - 15:30 pm (GMT-UTC time). I'm sending team ID and password to your email..

Ernur

Post by Ernur »

Thank you for your kind attention and for your help. I didn't had such a quick help even from the expensively sold softwares. Thank you very much again...

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

The problem was solved by closing FBackup and renaming the "Layout.ini" file from "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\"