Network authentification failed

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
bigmama

Re: Network authentification failed

Post by bigmama »

Hello,
I am having the same issue as above. I am up to date on the most current version 9.0 238. I have also tried mapping the drive but that still does not fix trying to run a scheduled task. Manual backup works fine. Scheduled tasks come up with the same cannot create folder due to incorrect password/username error. My username and passwords are correct. This is only an issue on computers that have a Windows log in password. Computers that do not have the Windows login password work fine with the scheduled task.

Please is there someway to fix this? I really need scheduled task to run on it's own.

Thank you, look forward to some help!

omnimedia

Post by omnimedia »

Hi again,

Sorry but the new build .238 bring a new problem, with network drive mapped, the schedule task start but if I had not login on the computer, I have this in my log:

[2021-05-04 09:05:08] Checking backup destination (Local hard drive)
Backup aborted. Reason:
Cannot create folder "Z:\231\Hebdo-SiteWeb\Hebdo-SiteWeb". The system cannot find the path specified
Backup aborted. Reason:
Cannot create folder "Z:\231\Hebdo-SiteWeb\Hebdo-SiteWeb". The system cannot find the path specified
Next scheduled backup: 2021-05-06 09:05:00
Backup aborted after 3 second(s) at 2021-05-04 09:05:08 with 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
[2021-05-04 09:05:10] Error: Cannot create folder "Z:\231\Hebdo-SiteWeb\Hebdo-SiteWeb". The system cannot find the path specified

Thks for your support!

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

@bigmama

I cannot reproduce the problem here.
Are they different network shares?
Do you have the same problem if you re-enter the username and password in Backup Properties->Destination->Network?

Adrian (Softland)

@omnimedia

Is there any user logged on at the backup time?
Please note the mapped drives are reconnected only on user logon.

svanetempest

Post by svanetempest »

I think that there are some issues here with privileges.
Yet again, after an update the scheduled backups failed to run, but user initiated backups are OK.
Previously when this happened, it worked after I used the 'test connection' button on the backup destinations (NAS) for each job. On one occasion I had to start FBackup in Administrator mode. Very strange as I have full admin access and this has all worked previously.
It may have been a combination of the latest windows update as well as an FBackup update, but again the scheduled backups failed last night with the messages "Error: Cannot create folder "\\LH-xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx". The user name or password is incorrect"
I then found out that I could not edit the schedules in any way despite being logged on as an administrator.
I restarted FBackup with the option to run as administrator and then I could edit the backup schedules as well as run schedules at various intervals.
I have the FBackup schedule options to only run when I am logged in.
I have also set the FBackup to always run as administrator - but that means always having to change this whenever there is an update.
I hope the above may provide some clues?

omnimedia

Post by omnimedia »

Hi svanetempest,

I suggest you to talk with Adrian of Softland maybe can he help you. I think it's a case bt case problem.

Thks and have a great day!

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

We found the problem and we fixed it in build 9.0.279.
Please download and install it.