Network inaccessible on XP machines, after FBackup backs up to network share.

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Hi Fbackup,
I'm an IT professional and frequently install FBackup on my home clients computers. I also have purchased many BackUp4All licenses for my business clients.
I have two different clients with the exact same issue and I really would value your help to resolve it.
One MS Windows 7 Professional workstation hosts a Network Share for backup purposes.
The Backup always runs successfully no problems, although after a backup completes to the network shares, none of the MS Windows XP based machines can access the Network Shares.
The other MS Windows 7 workstations have no trouble accessing the network.
The XP based machines can only again access the network after the server machine has been reset. Then it's fine.
If you could please help me to resolve this as I'm certain I'll run into this further in the future.
Other than this, your programs have all been fantastic, very useful. Thank you,
Anthony Parker
Tech Heads

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Do you have the same problem if you access the network drive using UNC path or mapped drive path?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

CarsonRuns

Post by CarsonRuns »

As much as I hate to resurrect and old topic, I am having the exact same issue with my client.
Clients has drive mappings to MS 2003 SBS Server. Backup runs, the next day, they can't access the network shares mapped on their desktops.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Do you have the same problem if you try to access the network drive using the UNC path?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html