NEW USER NEEDS A LITTLE HELP

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
g0g0

NEW USER NEEDS A LITTLE HELP

Post by g0g0 »

8-13-13

1. I'm a new user who was able to download and install Fbackup 4.8 with no trouble and twice got it to work as advertised with no trouble, backing up small jobs, e. g., just my Documents folder. But when I tried to back up Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, desktop, contacts and any other items I could think of, the process fails and I receive a message like: "Process aborted. Media is write-protected." Am I trying to back up something that should not be backed up, or is there something I can do to avoid getting that message to allow the backup to continue as it should?

2. Why am I unexpectedly getting the message "Can't search for updates. Parser error"-- usually upon launching but not exclusively then?

I HAVE LOOKED IN YOUR FAQs AND OTHER SEARCH BOXES AND DO NOT SEE THESE QUESTIONS ADDRESSED.

I RUN WINDOWS 7 AND I BACK UP TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES SITTING A FEW INCHES AWAY FROM MY DESKTOP MACHINES AT HOME AND AT OFFICE.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

--New User.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: NEW USER NEEDS A LITTLE HELP

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. For the first problem, please send me the last backup log from View->Job Logs->Last backup log to info[at]fbackup[dot]com to see what the problem is.

2. For the updates problem it seems there is a communication problem when the application tries to check for updates as it is configured.
You can disable the automatic check for updates if you go to Tools->Options->Updates and uncheck the "Check at application startup" option.

g0g0

Post by g0g0 »

8-26-13

Softland:

I did indeed reply to your instructions to send you a log of a session which ended in the error message I described to you. Did you receive that? I have not heard a reply since.

I continue to want to use FBackup. It's a nice piece of software if I could get it to work correctly.

Thanks.

George

P. S. Would there be any benefit in uninstalling and re-installing?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I did not receive the email from you. Please send it again.