Not able to create new backup

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
souryendra

Not able to create new backup

Post by souryendra »

Hello,
I am going in some strange problems, I take some daily backup and some weekly backup of my office data, it was working for the last 3 years.
Now every backup is showing successful but when when I check the data it is showing 3 months old data .I did not get any clue where f backup is getting that data because the source for backup is modify everyday and Fbackup is a program how it can store all the old data.I create new test backup which is also giving the same old data.
Volume shadow copy is not enabled in the server.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Not able to create new backup

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. Are those open files?
2. What version of FBackup do you use?
3. Do you have the same problem if you manually copy one source file to another location?

souryendra

Post by souryendra »

1.open files are skipped that not an issue.
2.The same version was working for the last 2 and half years -it is fbackup6,aalthogh I donot think this is a version issue.
3.There is no problem when we copy paste the operation what fbackup does.
What I am saying is totally different- example: I am taking a backup of 19th sept2016 -the backup is successful,so the files in backup I should get when the snapshot is captured-the folder and file property is showing 19th sept2016 .
But when checking any file like I opened an excel it is showing some june date but the source file is showing from where the backup is taken- shows the modifyed or current one.
I am clueless where did fbackup got the old files ,there is no volume shadow copy is turned on.The storge or source of the file is in NAS and there is no disk error or something like that .

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

1. Is this problem for all files or for some of the source files?
2. Have you looked in the files content or you are looking only at the file date?
3. Do you have the same problem if you use a local hard drive destination folder?

souryendra

Post by souryendra »

1.yes I checked random and problem is with all files.
2.I opened each file most of them are excel files, and file data shows some old update.
3.my primary suspect was bad external hardrive but, I checked local drive also giving same error.
One thing I did not do to reboot the server as it has some other major works

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please send us the last backup log and the .fkc catalog file for that job, to info@fbackup[dot]com