Restore file routed trhu Desktop

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
brdobrin

Post by brdobrin »

I previously backed up my XP computer drive and upgraded to Windows 7. I then tried to restore a folder at the following address:

S:\ME Backup\C\Documents and Settings\Bernard\Desktop\My Pictures\dogs\Dog Show Indio CA 2009
While I was able to restore a couple of folders at other addresses following "My Pictures". this folder kept getting the response:

Cannot find "S:\ME Backup\C\Documents and Settings\Bernard\Desktop\My Pictures\Dogs\Dog Show Indio CA 2009".

Please select another path to this file/folder and Retry.
I am able to drill down to the individual files (pictures) in the folder using the FBackup4 backed up file restore locator, but cannot get it restored. Possibly the "Desktop" folder/shortcut breaks a link but I was able to restore other files going thru the same link. Is there another way to access these files?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send us the fkc catalog file from backup destination.

Put the file into a zip archive and send it to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
1. Have you recreated the same destination path? (S:ME Backup...)

2. Can you see that folder if you browse the backup destination?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

brdobrin

Post by brdobrin »

In the restore procedure, I can drill down to the "Dogs" folder and see the jpg files contained. However, when I run restore for those files, I get the error message noted above.
I am not sure I fully understand your 2 questions. I was able to restore other files in the same process but got the error message for the dogs folder.

brdobrin

Post by brdobrin »

I misplaced your off forum responses to me and am having the same problem with folders not having been copied on a full restore and receiving the folder not found when restoring a specific folder shown. I can see the folder browsing, but doesn't restore. Can you resend emails you sent previously so that I can try again?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
While browsing your backup destination, I was not able to see the files in the correct location. I was able to see the files while you browsed another folder. After that they disappeared again.
That means there is a problem with the destination drive.

I cannot assist you with that, you need to go to a computer service.

After you will be able to access the files using Windows Explorer, you can try again to restore them using FBackup.