restore - folders are empty

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Brammetje

Post by Brammetje »

If i restore some files from my backup fb places the folders where i want to but there are no files in the folders...

When i right-click on the backup file i have no backup log file, or if i go to view/job logs/last backup log it's greyed out.
Maybe good to know.

Had windows vista 32bit when i made the backup and now i'm running windows 7 64bit.

The compname and language have been changed after upgrade.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
When you restore, also please select the "Restore excluded and deleted files" option.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Davideb

Post by Davideb »

I am having a similar problem. I was backing up files from FBackup to an external Verbatim drive. The computer crashed. I connected the Verbatim drive to another computer and could see the FBackup files for each instance that a backup was done. I had to unplug the Verbatim drive (USB) and then plug it back in and when I did, the computer is now reading it as "New Drive". The are very few files on there and I do not see the FBackup files. There is a folder called 20120509-195931_LocalAutobackup but all that I see is other folders under that with some drivers and log files.
Have I lost my FBackup files. How do I get them back? I have installed FBackup on the spare computer but cannot see how to do the restore from the external Verbatim drive.
Thank you

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Please solve the problem with the external drive.

You need to make it visible from Windows in order to see the files on it.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

cslaughter

Post by cslaughter »

Ran into the same problem as the first guy.....banged my head against a wall for a while. Then I discovered that if I copy the .fkc from the backup (In my case it was a NAS device on the network) to the desktop of the machine I am restoring to and have fbackup installed on, presto it restored the folders and FILES.
Just thought I would post so that it may help someone else.

godblest2004

Post by godblest2004 »

I created a mirror backup on an external hard drive before replacing my hard drive. It created a catalog file plus several other folders. Now that I'm trying to restore the mirror copy, it takes an entire day to restore, but I only have empty folders. I tried copying the catalog file to my desktop first but still same results. I'm really frustrated right now at the thought of having to restore my files from the online backup I made, which takes an entire week to do :P

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Did you also check the "Restore excluded and deleted files" option from the main page of the Restore Wizard?