Run a scheduled job from the system tray in XP problems.

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
pierrem

Post by pierrem »

I installed the latest version of Fbackup. I would like to make a scheduled "mirrored" backup job run "only" from the system tray in XP. I tried various combination of "minimize to tray" and Visualization mode (Minimized and Tray) without any consistent success. I got it working on some XP systems and not others. Seems to work fine consistently on Windows 7. Keep in mind that the backup always starts/work but the application opens on the screen...but at least in the background.
Ultimately, the user should not see anything on the screen when the scheduled backup job is launched. The little Fbackup icon in the system tray should appear and that's it.
As a side note, when changing these settings, I'm never prompted to save my changes. So I always go into the properties of a backup job and click on save...just in case the global settings are saved when the backup job is saved.
I don't know if I loose the config changes/are they just ignored and if it happens to coincide with the fact that the FKC files where deleted and default values come back into play.
I just would like to know, what the settings should be and also know when this information gets saved/where(which config file).
I which I could give you an XP scenario that works all the time, but I can't.
Thanks for your time.

Pierre

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please make sure FBackup is closed (not just minimized) when the scheduled task occurs.

If it is set to start up minimized, it will start so.

We don't have such problems here.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

pierrem

Post by pierrem »

it is always closed.
What should be the settings to achieve what I want?

When I change a setting, when is it saved...when I click ok?

Is there a debugger mode that would show you how Fbackup is launched from a scheduled backup?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Can you give me access to your computer using TeamViewer?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

pierrem

Post by pierrem »

Unfortunately, this is happening on one of my customer's computer. I'm planning on going there tomorrow (tuesday) evening. If you're available, we can make it happen then. Between 6:00 - 7:00 PM EST.
Here is my email address: [email protected]

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
I sent you an email.