Scheduled job wont start

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
flipjeboot

Scheduled job wont start

Post by flipjeboot »

Hi,
well first of all, I'm new to FBackup; so please bear with me.

I've installed Fbackup two weeks ago. Made a backup right away, without any problems that I'm aware of. After that I created a new scheduled job to make a new backup every saterday of every week, at 8.00am. I've checked "run as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed." After this I waited for the next saterday. I turned on the computer in the afternoon, expected a backup to be made because I did check the "run as soon as possible.." option. It did not start.
Going through this forum I found one post with this problem that was fixed after a reinstall. So I deinstalled and reinstalled FBackup, recreated the scheduled job and waited for the next saterday (which is today). The job didn't start again.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?
flip

mla

Re: Scheduled job wont start

Post by mla »

Hi
I can't help you because I have the same problem. The backup dodn' want to go on. In the "Backup trayxxxx.log" or in the "Fbackup...log" no thong special.
Who can help me ?
Thank you

flipjeboot

Post by flipjeboot »

Anybody?

Is this really all the "support" Fbackup offers?
The question is about a very basic function of this program so I should expect at least some support. Like this the whole program is useless to me.

flip

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. What version of FBackup do you have? If you don't have the latest one 5.2.685, please download it from our website and try again.

2. Try to recreate the scheduled task.

3. Which is the option you selected in Backup Properties->Scheduler->Edit, on General page: "Run only if the user is logged on" or "Run whether the user is logged on or not"? Try to use the other option and see if that fix the problem.

4. If you still have the problem, please go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler
Manually create a new task to run another application and select the "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Then shutdown the computer waiting for the scheduled time to pass. Open the computer and see if it runs.

If it runs, please compare the task you created with the task created by FBackup. What is the difference?