scheduler intermittent problem

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
chencheegreg

Post by chencheegreg »

I run the latest FBACKUP version 4.4 build 218 under windows 7 64 bit system. Everything works fine except the scheduler has intermittent problem. I schedule the backup every night to a home networked hard drive. It worked perfect for a few days (normally 3-5 days) and then just stopped. There is no warning, no message and no job log for the missing days. If I go in and mannually re-start a backup, it will finish succcessfully and the scheduler will then run perfectly for another 3-5 days and stop. This pattern is quite repeatable.
Any idea what is heppening here? Thanks.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
What is different in the days when FBackup does not run?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

chencheegreg

Post by chencheegreg »

absolutely no difference in the computer setting. No change in programs either. I have two laptops that run the FBackup. They all have the off days, but not at the same time.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send us:

- the .fkc catalog file for that job. You can find the .fkc file if you go to View->Open folder->Destination folder.

- the .log file for the last backup job. To find it, please go to: View->Job Logs->Last Backup Log.

- the schedule task for this job. You can find it if you go to: Start->Control Panel->Scheduled Tasks

- the SchedLgU.Txt file from C:Windows.
Put the files into a zip archive and send them to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html