Scheduler Nightmare

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
msmulian

Scheduler Nightmare

Post by msmulian »

I have setup mirrored backups of a set of folders to a local hard drive - I have a separate backup for each of Monday to Friday and each backup runs once a week and to its own destination folder. The Friday set is then stored ofline, before the cycle restarts on Monday.

When upgrading to 5.230 (and again today after booting to another partition and then returning to my working setup) when the PC is rebooted the Scheduler starts all my backup schedules simultaneously, deleting and then trying to re-backup my last weeks backup sets and (as it is running 5 instances concurrently) effectively locking up the PC, so that by the time I can get to the FBackup control panel, the damage is done.

I have looked at the information in Fbackup and directly in Windows Task Scheduler and cannot see anything obvious that would cause this and none of my other tasks are showing this behavior.

I am running Win8.1 64 bit.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Scheduler Nightmare

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please see if the scheduled task for each job is correctly configured when to run.

msmulian

Post by msmulian »

The settings all seem normal and, except in the circumstances noted, backups only happen at the scheduled times.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The backup does not star by its own, there has to be a trigger which causes that. Try to disable all scheduler tasks. Do you still have the problem?