Scheduler not working (Win 7)

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
The steps we use to create a scheduled task are simple and does not depend on the OS you use. You can configure the scheduler from FBackup only.
1. Open FBackup, go to Backup Properties.

2. On the Schedulers page, click on the Add button. The Schedule Job window will open.

3. Press OK. The Schedule window will open.

- From the Schedule Task drop-down list, you can select the frequency for backup.

- In the Start time field, can be selected the time when the backup will run. Press OK.

4. Press Save.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

ccmj5

Post by ccmj5 »

Well, I am buggered. The reason I even turned on the task scheduler was because the fb4 scheduler did not work on it's own. But I went and deleted the MS task scheduler and went with just the basic scheduler in fb4 and of course it does not work.
I give.
Clearly there is something wrong with MY system or setup that is not allowing this to work correctly. Oh well. On with the rest of my life. Thank you for trying, I hope others are able to address their concerns with it.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Can you schedule other applications to start using MS task scheduler?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

ccmj5

Post by ccmj5 »

I have other applications that do run apparently, they are listed in the task library.
Two days ago I deleted the task manager for fb4, leaving only the fb4 scheduler. Again, nothing. Today I will try deleting the fb4 schedule and add task manager, but frankly I don't see that working as there is no schedule in fb4 to start.

ccmj5

Post by ccmj5 »

aaaaannnnnd, no, that of course did not work either.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

ALRIGHT! Got it, finally.
I deleted the task scheduler task, it was redundant. Then I deleted and readded the fb4 scheduler, AT A DIFFERENT TIME. Clearly 4 am was a problem due to the system logging itself off (which prior to reading another thread I was not aware of). I switched to a time I know the system is still on and it has worked two days in a row and I expect no further problems.
I believe the ultimate issue was the system logging itself off even though I could not find a way for it NOT to after an hour. But I don't care, it works, I am happy, and I thank you for all the help. Hopefully my experience illumintaes someone else's problem, especially with the log off thing.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Our first comments were:

There are no entries in the scheduler log that an actions was started at 4.00 AM.

Is there any user logged on when the scheduler starts?

You need to make sure that your computer is on and at least one used is logged on during the backup time.