Sheduled backup not going.

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
jtpryan

Post by jtpryan »

I have a backup scheduled for 3 am every morning that is not happening. Windows 7 Ultimate, using the fBackup scheduler. I have not tried the Windows scheduler yet.
How can I troubleshoot?
-Jim

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
You should try the Windows Scheduler option from FBackup if there is no user logged on.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Toyu

Post by Toyu »

I have the same problem but in Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
I am using the Windows Scheduler. Actually fbackup starts, but the job gives a "Cancel" state and something like "The job was cancelled".

Adrian (Softland)

Hi Toyu,
Please send me the log file from View->Job Logs->Last backup log to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

gar

Post by gar »

I have the same problem with xp logging to a drobo. Latest fbackup. Runs fine manually, but not as scheduled. Backup was created in previous version. Am sending file from glipow at gmail Dot com

gar

Post by gar »

Oh and I changed the schedule to run again immediately. Now failed again, but can't run manually because it says "running from the command line" . Very short job so it should be finished - takes only 2 minutes to run when run manually. So another question. How do I abort a failed job if it is stuck on the command line (though no cmd window on machine.) I can go to the application manager, but I don't want to do that routinely.

gar

Post by gar »

terminated fb_inetserver and fb_guard in taxk manager. Still did not release job. Can't reboot machine at momemt.
Found fbacmd.exe terminated that in task manager. Obviously not something I want to do routinely, but may be a clue as to what is going on.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Only FBackup.exe and fbacmd.exe are the processes of FBackup.

mingus

Post by mingus »

I am running FBackup on several computers. All of them are running Windows 7. I use the internal scheduling function, not the windows scheduler.
On machine #1 I have to keep Fbackup running minimized in the system tray in order for the scheduler to work.
On machine #2, I noticed this morning that it was not running in the system tray (and not, apparently, anywhere else for that matter) but when I went to check on whether it had performed the scheduled backups overnight, I found that it had.
So here's my question: Is there a particular configuration of options that will enable the schedule to be executed even if FBackup is not actively running? Or am I inferring something that did not actually happen as I believe it did with machine #2?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
There is no special configuration.

FBackup will run the scheduled jobs no matter if the application is running in tray or not.

The only condition is to have the job scheduled.

If there is no user logged on, the job must be scheduled using the Windows scheduler option from FBackup.