Show muitiple backup file after run

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
ke317

Show muitiple backup file after run

Post by ke317 »

I have 30+ PCs are installed Fbackup7 and used it for a few months under my company.
But I found a issue of many/duplicate files that about backup result on the destination.

For example:
Create a new backup job with backup type "FULL" in weekly backup,
Select the outlook pst file from sources. (Locate in C:\users\SZEHANG\my documents\Outlook files\xxxxxxxxx.pst)
Outlook files will be backup to our NAS server. (network path: \\192.168.0.136\backup3\SZEHANG)
And config schedule job at 13:00pm every weekly (Mon to Fri) on scheduler.
About 2 weeks later, I found these are 3 differences zip files created in the destination (Please see the screen capture)

I wonder why it didn't take a repeating backup on the same file?
May these is wrong backup configuration in this case...?
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 4655 times

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Show muitiple backup file after run

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

For the Full backup type, FBackup keeps only the latest version. When creating a new full backup, the old one is deleted.
In your case, it seems that for some reasons, 2 of the backups could not be deleted. That is why you see them in destination.

ke317

Re: Show muitiple backup file after run

Post by ke317 »

Softland wrote:Hi,

For the Full backup type, FBackup keeps only the latest version. When creating a new full backup, the old one is deleted.
In your case, it seems that for some reasons, 2 of the backups could not be deleted. That is why you see them in destination.

For this issue I have changed "Mirror backup" type of the job, it seems running normal now.
Thanks for your reply.