shutdown computer when finished not working

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
tmaugham

shutdown computer when finished not working

Post by tmaugham »

I am a new user of fbackup version 8.1.206 on a PS using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. When executing a backup I check the 'Shutdown computer when finished' box but the computer does not shut down, instead in the log I get the following messages:

[8/31/2019 9:41:35 AM] Run program/action "<Shut down>"
[8/31/2019 9:41:46 AM] Could not find running instances of bShutdownSched.exe or bShutdown.exe in order to process "saPowerOff" notification
[8/31/2019 9:41:46 AM] SetShutdownRights failed with error: Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller(1300)
[8/31/2019 9:41:46 AM] ExitWindowsEx failed with error: A required privilege is not held by the client(1314)
[8/31/2019 9:41:46 AM] Warning: Could not execute action "<Shut down>". Reason: "A required privilege is not held by the client (1314)"

I am able to get automatic shutdowns properly from other applications such as Easeus partition magic and todo backup, why doesn't it work in fbackup?

Thanks!!!!!!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: shutdown computer when finished not working

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

It seems the bShutdownSched.exe process was stopped since FBackup started. Please make sure the antivirus/firewall does not block that process.

tmaugham

Post by tmaugham »

Thanks for the suggestion but no AV and no firewall... As I said, auto shutdown is working for other apps, just not fbackup.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Is the bShutdownSched.exe process running on your computer in Task Manager?

tmaugham

Post by tmaugham »

No...

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

When you enable the scheduler, that process should start in Task Manager.
If it doesn't, please try to manually run it from the FBackup installation folder. Does it starts?

tmaugham

Post by tmaugham »

I've made some time to do some testing. my results are:

1. I upgraded to version 216 in the vain hope that the problem would be corrected. It was not.
2. There is no bShutdownSched.exe but there is a bShutdown.exe. If i execute it prior to launching fbackup then the auto shutdown works.
3. To me this is an unnecessary and very unwelcome workaround, why doesn't your program work correctly?

Thanks for your help.

tmaugham

Post by tmaugham »

FWIW I'm executing fbackup.exe, is that correct?

tmaugham

Post by tmaugham »

I solved the problem myself. I created a simple batch file that first loads bshutdown.exe and then executes fbackup.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

The shutdown command should work fine.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html