The program's settings drive cannot be accessed.

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Cyberlab

Post by Cyberlab »

I've been using FBackup for some time now, but received the following error message when I tried to open FBackup today: "The program's settings drive cannot be accessed. Please make sure that the drive is available and press Retry..."
I've uninstalled FBackup, downloaded the latest installation file, and reinstalled it again. To my surprise I still get the same error message.
While speaking to a client who also uses FBackup, he informed me that he gets the same error message since yesterday.
Any help will be appreciated.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
I cannot reproduce the problem here.

Can you please tell us what version of Windows you use?

Which application updated yesterday? Was there a Windows update?

Do you have the latest version of FBackup installed?
Can you give us access to your computer using TeamViewer?

If yes, please send us the ID and password to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

defconfed

Post by defconfed »

The same thing has happened to me today, and I cannot get around it even with a thorough uninstall and reinstall...which is why I registered here today looking for assistance. When I try to start the program, I get this message:

"The program's settings drive cannot be accessed. Please make sure that the drive is available and press Retry. Press abort to close the program or Ignore to start with the default configurations." If I click ignore, a box comes up that says "an error occurred with the application", and I'm presented with options to send, save or show a bug report, restart or close the application. I have a bug report, but it will not send, so I will try to attach it to an email - help! My OS is Windows XP. I am showing no installed Windows updates since 11/29. I setup several backups yesterday with the program and it ran flawlessly...this problem is brand new today and occurred at my first attempt to start the program. I do not know where to email the bug report...this is frustrating
Scot

Cyberlab

Post by Cyberlab »

I'm also running Windows XP (SP2). Automatic updates it turned off. I can unfortuntely not give remote access to my PC.
I downloaded the latest version of FBackup yesterday, and tried to install it. Same problem. No other software updates or software installed in the last week.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
We found the problem and we will fix it.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

defconfed

Post by defconfed »

What should we do? Will we have to download a patch or new version? Will you post more information when the fix is done?

defconfed

Post by defconfed »

Nevermind...I uninstalled it and found a better program.

ike0069

Post by ike0069 »

What is the time frame for this fix?

mcweb

Post by mcweb »

I am having the exact same issue as above.
When will this be fixed?

Dragonscribe

Post by Dragonscribe »

This started happening to me last week. I had installed an update and assumed something had been deleted. This is running FB 4.5.232 on WinXP Pro SP3 with 4G Ram on a Pentium D CPU 4.3Ghz