UPDATED>FBackup 5.5.839 is adding check marks to unwanted

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
fitness88

UPDATED>FBackup 5.5.839 is adding check marks to unwanted

Post by fitness88 »

UPDATED:
When backing up to a USB memory stick the backup does not always delete files that have been deleted from the source since the last backup. Log file supports this issue as it too does not show the deletion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the above edit may explain why I am having this issue:
FBackup 5.5.839 is adding files to the back up list that I don't want to have backed. It's adding a check mark next to the file names that I have not personally selected. The interesting thing about this is that the files with check marks that I did not personally select don't actually get backed up.

Why is this happening?

Windows 7 64
Thank you.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: UPDATED>FBackup 5.5.839 is adding check marks to unwanted

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If you have a folder added to the backup sources and then you create new files/folders inside that main folder, they will be also included in backup.
Did you set any filters to that backup job?
Can you send us some screenshots with that problem to info[at]fbackup[dot]com to see more details?
Also send us the .fkc catalog file from the backup destination.

fitness88

Post by fitness88 »

Let me clarify.
An example would be deleting a file from the source after it has already been previously backed up. When running my next backup I notice that the file that was deleted at source is still showing up in the backup. The log file does not indicate it was deleted. Also in the properties>sources for the backup, the file does not show up.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Is there any new or modified file to be backed up when you run the backup?
If not, please add or edit a file and run again the backup. Was the file deleted now?

fitness88

Post by fitness88 »

Softland wrote:Hi,

Is there any new or modified file to be backed up when you run the backup?
If not, please add or edit a file and run again the backup. Was the file deleted now?
No modified files to be backed up.
Repeating the backup procedure several times, the file eventually got deleted on the backup, I didn't do anything different though.