updating directory dates at transfer function

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
gail0279

Post by gail0279 »

An issue when I 'transfer' a folder from the host to the client under this function, it used to update the client directory date with the date of the transfer OR the date of the directory/file that was copied to the client. Recently I have noted some but not all directories do not change the date of the top directory level although the subdirectory files are updated with the date of the copied files within the host directory. Consequently, I cannot rely on viewing the date of the client directory(s) as displayed and each (of which I have many) have to be opened 'post transfer' to confirm the update. the other method I have used to confirm an update is to try the transfer function and if the directory/files within are the same the message "these files are up to date" displays. Neither of these are time effective. Using the 'sync' function is not the best method for me and there are often files within the directoy on the client that I do not wish to copy to the host server.
Is there a solution to this problem?? thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
What destination drive type you use?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

gail0279

Post by gail0279 »

network drive

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Is it a NAS drive?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

gail0279

Re: updating directory dates at transfer function

Post by gail0279 »

what is meant by "NAS drive"?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

A NAS drive is a Network-attached storage drive.

gail0279

Post by gail0279 »

sorry posted to wrong forum :lol:
thanks for your response