VSCSRV error

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
msc

Post by msc »

I have build 213, but FBackup asks me all the time if I want it to check for updates, and I always say yes.
How did we get to build 215, and the program never noticed that I was 2 updates behind?
I just opened FBackup and went to Help > Check for Updates. It said "I have the latest version. No updates necessary." I still have build 213. Is there a problem with the update recognition system? How will I know if a new build is released in the future?
Also, on 7/6/10, you emailed me that there was a problem with the Outlook Express plug-in causing warnings during backups, and it would be fixed in the next update (I had build 213 then too). Has this been corrected in build 215 as well?
(I posted a detailed question about this under thread "Outlook Express Errors During Backup" yesterday, but no response to that posting yet.)
Thanks...

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
We will fix the update notification problem.
The Outlook Express problem is fixed in the latest build (215).

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

msc

Post by msc »

The Outlook Express problem does not seem to be fixed in build 215.
I am having exactly the same errors under exactly the same settings.
Please see post 1643 "Outlook Express Errors During Backup" for details.
Would really appreciate some help with this.
Thanks...

Wim Kreuger

Post by Wim Kreuger »

I too have build 213 and it too complains repeatedly, that is: every time it is supposed to start, about VscSrv2008x64.exe that encounterd errors and had to close.

Obviously a though nut to crack?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Build 213 is not the latest one. Major fixes regarding your problem were added in the last build 215.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

msc

Post by msc »

Last week your link (above) had build 215 on it. Now it has build 214.
I already updated to 215 on my PC. Should I downgrade to build 214?
I didn't have a chance to yet to update to build 215 on my wife's PC. If I should have build 215, where can I get it now?
Also, my FBackup auto update check is telling me to update to build 214, even though I have build 215 ???

DoodleBug101

Post by DoodleBug101 »

well... I reinstalled everything on one of my PCs from scratch (XP) and as part of that reinstalled FBackup, now v4.4 build 213. I suspect previously i had a slightly older version, though not by much.
I setup my backup set and start it off on it's first backup.... away it goes, disks churn and then crunch - Windows popup box to the effect that VscSrv.exe has died horribly and did I want to send the usual error report to m$...
WTF is VscSrv I go, so off to google (scroogle actually) I go and i find this thread. I read it and I go Hmmm....
So, i cancel the backup job (was still running, or so it claimed), then i CLOSE OUTLOOK and restart the job - BINGO ! It works and carries on.
-- So in my case it was the open PST file that was first in the backup list that caused it to die because outlook was still holding it open. Curiously, whatever version i was running before the reinstall didn't fail in this manner, it just included an error or warning (don't recall which) in the FBackup log and kept on going....
Hope that helps :)

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
We fixed that problem.

The current online build is now 215. Please download it.

msc

Post by msc »

When I check for Updates using FBackup, the window says Version History: build 214. Just above it is says "New Backup is Available"
Is the top of the list of "Version History" the last build or the new build?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
The latest build (218) was now released.

The last available build is shown in the top of the version history list.