Warning: Size of file in destination is different than size stored in catalogue

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Naughtynanna

Warning: Size of file in destination is different than size stored in catalogue

Post by Naughtynanna »

I have been getting the above warnings in several files that are included in my email account profile. This didn't happen before the latest update. (V9.0 Build 199) If I close the email program, and run the backup again, it completes without any warnings. If I immediately open the email program but not get, or send any messages and again run the backup, I have the warnings again. As I said, this hasn't ever happened before and I have been using FBackup for many years, and my email program is always open. On checking, it appears the size of the file stored in the catalogue, is the correct size.

Any advice on how to fix this at my end, or is it a bug that will be rectified in future updates?

DKerr

Re: Warning: Size of file in destination is different than size stored in catalogue

Post by DKerr »

I am getting the same issue and it only started happening with upgrade to v9.0 build 199.

To resolve it for now, I just rerun the job and it usually resolves itself.

Neither the files or programs linked to the files it throws up the error with are open when backing up. This only started happening after the upgrade from v8.

svanetempest

Re: Warning: Size of file in destination is different than size stored in catalogue

Post by svanetempest »

I posted in another thread the same. Mine is doing a fast mirror backup for changed files only.
"Same again today with a simple text file.
Warning message was..
[29/03/2021 12:40:38] Warning: Size of file "\\xxxx\Books Needed in progress.txt" in destination (4088) is different than the size stored in catalog (4038)
The catalogue was correct - how on earth can a copied file be bigger?
I never had these sort of issues with V8."
Yes, the catalog file size is the same as the original file.
This can happen with many different file types (xls, doc, etc)

Naughtynanna

Post by Naughtynanna »

DKerr wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:33 am

To resolve it for now, I just rerun the job and it usually resolves itself.

Neither the files or programs linked to the files it throws up the error with are open when backing up. This only started happening after the upgrade from v8.
Rerun doesn't work for me. I have to close the program and then run to get rid of the warnings. Then as soon as I open the program again, the warnings are back. Not always the same files though! Very weird. I hope we get an answer!

Naughtynanna

Post by Naughtynanna »

svanetempest wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:29 pm

This can happen with many different file types (xls, doc, etc)
It only ever happens on files in my Thunderbird Email program, but not always the same files!

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We found the problem and we will fix it in the next build.

DKerr

Post by DKerr »

Adrian (Softland) wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:46 pm
Hi,

Awesome, thanks for responding!

Naughtynanna

Post by Naughtynanna »

Adrian (Softland) wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:46 pm
Hi,

Great! Thanks very much!

svanetempest

Post by svanetempest »

File size issue seems resolved.
After upgrading to the newest version, I was surprised when a backup I make from local files to a local Onedrive directory must have copied almost half the contents again despite being 'up to date'.
Not sure if this is due to issues from a bad catalogue from the previous version but will be watching carefully as it takes a long time to resync my local Onedrive over a slow network connection.
It does seem that the catalogue has been corrupted as many 'old' files were copied again whereas other files of a similar vintage were left alone. One drive did seem to ignore quite a few of the newly copied files due, I guess, to their checksums being the same as the cloud copy?
Also, when doing a backup from the local Onedrive on my hard disk to a NAS box, it has copied every file again. Very strange behaviour as V8 never gave any of these issues.
No changes to the type of backup which is fast mirror have been made at any time.
I have tried several times since and it seems OK for the moment.

DKerr

Post by DKerr »

FBackup 9.0.223 seems to have resolved issues for me too.