Weekly backup running every day

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
drakkus

Weekly backup running every day

Post by drakkus »

Hi there,

This week I've had an issue where a backup that's only meant to run on Sundays is running every morning as soon as I log on (at the same time as a different, much smaller backup that is supposed to run every morning). Originally I thought it was because it finished with a warning (a missing log file that I should have excluded the folder for in the first place), but I ran it again manually yesterday with no warnings or errors, and it's still trying to run again this morning. The scheduler still says "[weekly] at 12:00 every Sunday every 1 week".

Any idea what's going on there? Thanks!

Edit: I disabled the scheduler this morning to avoid it happening, then thought to try deleting the schedule and recreating it. But after deleting it, I can't add a new schedule - I go through the add process only for nothing to appear afterwards. Perhaps this is related.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Weekly backup running every day

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Did you schedule the backup to run under the same user account you are logged on with?
If you schedule it to run under a different user account, the scheduled task won't appear in FBackup (as long as you are logged on with a different account).

In order to find why the backup was running daily, please send us all the log files to info[at]fbackup[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

drakkus

Post by drakkus »

Hi there, sorry for the delay - I didn't get an email for your reply. The backup was scheduled under the same user account as usual: the one I'm logged on with. I'll email over a few log files - they're pretty large, so it's only the two immediately before it trying to run daily and the first one after, but I can send more. Thanks very much!

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We received only 3 log files from you.
Please send us the entire Logs folder.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html