What is triggering Themida popup

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
skidmark

What is triggering Themida popup

Post by skidmark »

I’m getting very frustrated seeing the Themida popup “a monitor program has been found running …” when I try to run FBackup. I have no firewall. The only security suite I’m running is MSE.

How do I tell What is triggering the popup?

This is all DBGView shows.

[3732]
[3732]
[3732]
[3732] %s------------------------------------------------
[3732] --- Themida Professional ---
[3732] --- (c)2012 Oreans Technologies ---
[3732] ------------------------------------------------
[3732]
[3732]

Adrian (Softland)

Re: What is triggering Themida popup

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The message is not about the firewall, it is about a monitoring program running on your computer. I cannot tell you which program is that.

skidmark

Post by skidmark »

I was not asserting the firewall was at fault. I only stated that because there are hundreds of posts complaining about the Themida popup. Many of the times the responses suggest firewalls, malware scanner, etc, etc.

I just didn't want a response stating possibilities. I want to know a precise way of determining what's triggering the popup. You need to provide some mechanism for determining this. If you concerned about some security issue, then create some glorified encrypted file that can be emailed to you for quick problem determination. This guessing game everybody is having to do is ridiculous.

Al Harper

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

We cannot tell you which application is the problem.

Bruce Fraser

Post by Bruce Fraser »

I've been using the free FBackup for several years; it's WONDERFUL! Thank-you so much!

But last week I started getting the Themida popup, too. Now, whenever I try running FBackup, all I get is that annoying message, which gives absolutely no clue what the problem is.
I understand that Themida is to prevent software piracy. Great! But why do you need to protect freeware from piracy?

Anyway, I'll wait for an answer. If nothing helpful comes, I'll have to uninstall FBackup, and use Cobian or something similar.

Bruce Fraser

Post by Bruce Fraser »

Bruce Fraser wrote:But last week I started getting the Themida popup, too.
Well, this is odd! Today, FBackup suddenly started its weekly backup. It was two days late, which is also odd.

Possible cause: yesterday, when I wrote this, I also noticed there's a new version of FBackup. I installed it over top of the older one. So when I restarted the computer today, maybe the new version doesn't use Themida. Who knows??

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

The new version still uses Themida. The difference seems to be on your computer, as the monitoring application could be closed now.

Bruce Fraser

Post by Bruce Fraser »

I know Themida is not your product; it's from a third party. But it sure would be nice if they could make it more user-friendly, so that it would inform the user which application is doing the "monitoring."