Windows 10

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
ernief21

Windows 10

Post by ernief21 »

I am running the latest version of FBackup but have upgraded to windows 10. FBackup will not start and the error message is "FBackup has stopped working" A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. I have downloaded the latest version of FBackup but I am told I am already running the latest version. Ernie

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Windows 10

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please try to uninstall and reinstall FBackup. Do you still have the problem?

ernief21

Post by ernief21 »

Hi
Yes that was the first thing I tried. Uninstalled Fbackup, then reinstalled FBackup. I get as far as refreshing drives information, then FBackup stopped working

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please try to rename this folder: "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\"

drtim

Post by drtim »

Hi,

I had to do some work with the Task Scheduler serveice regarding FBackup to get it to properly work with Windows 10. Now, it does back up all jobs, but I cannot open the software unless I reboot my machine.

After double clicking on the software, it gets as far as refreshing drives information and then just shuts down automatically.

If I reboot and double click on the software, I can access the jobs and the software, but not if I don't. Any insights?

Thanks,

Tim

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Do you have the latest version of FBackup 5.5.839 installed?

drtim

Post by drtim »

Yes

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

When you cannot open the software, please open Task Manager and kill the fbackup.exe, bbackup.exe and btray.exe processes.
Do you still have the problem?

drtim

Post by drtim »

When I go into Task Manager - Details tab, I only have FBackup.exe and bService.exe running.

I don't see bbackup.exe and nor do I see btray.exe.

Thanks

ernief21

Post by ernief21 »

I still can't get FBackup to run. I have downloaded the latest version Build 5.5.839 and run that but immediately it starts with refreshing drive information, it crashes and I get a dialog saying FBackup has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem. Then a second dialog A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Ernie