Windows 7 - Scheduled Backup Does Not Run

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
ltkohut

Post by ltkohut »

I have FBackup installed on my desktop computer and my wife's laptop; both computers are running Windows 7 Home Premium. On my desktop, I used the Windows Task Scheduler and the computer wakes from Sleep Mode at 1:00 a.m. and the backups run perfectly. I am running FBackup from my own (Admin) account and remain logged on, but put the computer into the sleep state when done for the day.
On my wife's laptop, FBackup does not run at the scheduled 2:00 a.m. time. I'm using Windows Task Scheduler and have checked the box to allow the task to run whether the user is logged on or not. The intent to have the Admin account logged off (my wife's account is still logged on) and the computer to wake from sleep mode and run the backup. I have also configured the power option to allow the laptop to wake from sleep mode. In troubleshooting, I have found that if the Admin account is logged on, the computer wakes from sleep mode and the backup runs perfectly. Given that I'm using the Windows scheduler and not the FBackup scheduler, I'm puzzled as to why the backup does not run.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
On your wife's laptop, do you use a Windows login password?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html