How to back up data without using zip compression

Post tutorials on using FBackup, or ask a "How Can I" question
Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Summary
This article explains how to back up data keeping the original file format (without using compression).
On this page:
How to back up data without using zip compression
Details
FBackup offers two types of backups: full backup and mirror backup. The Mirror backup type is the one that does not use zip compression. The resulted backup will be an exact copy (mirror) of the source files, without altering their initial file format. This is the fastest type of backup because there is no file compression and no zip files are created (but occupies the most space).
How to back up data without using zip compression
Steps needed to configure the backup job to use Mirror backup:

Open FBackup and select File->New Backup (Ctrl+N).
On the first page, enter a name for the backup in the Backup name field.
Select a location where you want to save the backup. Press Next.
Add the files and folders you want to back up or select a predefined job from the list. Press Next.
In the How do you want to backup section, select Make mirror.
Press Save, then select Save and run.

Once this backup job was defined, you can perform further backups by pressing the Backup button (or F6). Additionally you can schedule this backup job to be executed automatically at certain time intervals.
Applies to:

FBackup 4

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

when I choose mirror option, I only see the folders. i dont see the files that reside inside the folders.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send us the backup catalog file from View->Open Folder->Catalog folder to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html