Using the scheduler, why does program open ?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
paulian

Post by paulian »

This is really a great program, works smoothly and accurately. One annoying thing is, probably because I'm new at this ..... When a scheduled backup starts no matter what you are doing on the computer, the program completely opens, window and all and starts the backup ? Is there a way for the scheduled backup to start minimized and maybe just show the FBackup icon ?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Yes, you can run it that way.

Please open Backup Properties->Scheduler->Edit->Properties.

In the "Execute" section, select "Command line application" and "Hide window" options.

Press Save.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

JCK

Re: Using the scheduler, why does program open ?

Post by JCK »

Is this still possible in ver 5, I don't see the command line option anymore in that menu area? I want to run scheduled backups without the main program starting each time.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

In FBackup 5, on the scheduler page, when you edit or add a new scheduler, under the Scheduler Properties window, go to General page.
There you have to uncheck the "Show main application" option. The scheduler runs now in command line by default.

JCK

Post by JCK »

Ok, thanks.