FBackup 5 - disable Explorer context menu

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Grecku

FBackup 5 - disable Explorer context menu

Post by Grecku »

Hey, after the update there appeared FBackup context menu on files and folders in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to disable it? Couldn't find any option in the program itself, also tried searching through Windows Registry, used 2 menu editing programs, but they seem to not find FBackup entries.

I'm on Win7 64bit using FBackup 5.0 build 182.

Cheers

Lance

Re: FBackup 5 - disable Explorer context menu

Post by Lance »

If you have CCleaner, you can disable or delete context menu entries by doing the following:
Go to Tools > Startup, then get into the Context Menu tab and zap any offending entries.

Grecku

Post by Grecku »

That didn't help me directly, as disabling the entries in CCleaner did nothing (even after restarting PC), but there were paths and filenames of the responsible DLL libraries, so I just renamed them and I'm good now after restarting PC again. So thanks for putting me on the right track.

Lance

Post by Lance »

Weird. I've disabled various menu entries using CCleaner, and it's always worked like a charm. However, the disable function fails on FBackup entries. You can still delete them, but then they're permanently gone. Renaming as you did is probably best. Anyhow, FBackup needs an on/off option for the context menu feature. Maybe the next build will have this.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We will put such an option to disable Explorer context menu in a future release of FBackup.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Here is a workaround that can be used in the meantime, until the option will be ready:
1. Start a command line window as administrator
2. Run the following commands (adjust the correct installation path if different):
regsvr32.exe -u C:\Program Files (x86)\Softland\FBackup 5\Languages\bContextMenuDLL.Win64.dll
regsvr32.exe -u C:\Program Files (x86)\Softland\FBackup 5\Languages\bContextMenuDLL.Win32.dll
3. Restart the computer

Lance

Post by Lance »

Thanks for your consideration and efforts, Softland.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

To disable the FBackup context menu from your computer, just open FBackup, go to File->Options->Preferences
Uncheck the "Show Explorer context menu" option and press OK.