Warnings in FBackup 5

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
dmacin

Warnings in FBackup 5

Post by dmacin »

Never had any in "warnings" FB 4 backups, but I am consistently getting them in version 5. Why?
Has this happened to you? How do we fix this?

Here's the warning from the log file :
Backup completed at 24/10/2013 12:20:56 PM with 0 error(s), 6 warning(s)

I tried to attach the log file, but got a message on this board "extension log not allowed". If someone replying needs it, please tell me how to show it to you.
Thank you.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Warnings in FBackup 5

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send me the log file to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

dmacin

Post by dmacin »

I appreciate you reply. I was away, and have forgotten this issue since starting a new backup job did the trick.

However, I still find v5 is slow, where v4 was fast. That is not good. Can you shed some light on the reason why?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

We made some fixes to improve the speed of FBackup 5, the next release will be faster.

mikegunn22

Post by mikegunn22 »

I'm having the same issue with warnings. This never happened in FB4. Can you help me as well?

jeobenauer

Post by jeobenauer »

I noticed that in FBackup 5 you get a warning if the folder being copied is empty. This did not happen on FBackup 4. This is what my warning was aboutl YOu should be able to search the log file for warnings.

Subsequent backups did not show the warning because I guess the empty folder was pt in the catalog.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

@mikegunn22: Please send me the log file and the catalog to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

@jeobenauer: We don't have such problems here. Please send me the last backup log to info[at]fbackup[dot]com