New Version Keeps Adding Icons

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
BruceH

New Version Keeps Adding Icons

Post by BruceH »

I just upgraded to the latest version (5.0 build 218). Installation went fine. During installation, an icon was placed on my desktop. An entry was also added to my Start menu.

I then removed the icon on the desktop, as I don't need it. I also moved the entry on my Start menu to another place in my Start menu (under my Utilities folder there).

Now whenever I start FBackup, it runs the install just to put the icon back on the desktop and the entry in the Start menu. Then it starts the program. That's all the install does and it does it every time after I remove / move them and run FBackup.

Could you please fix it so it stops doing that? There is a reason why I like my desktop and Start menu the way I want them. It's my computer, I should be able to have it the way I want.

Thank you.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: New Version Keeps Adding Icons

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We don't have such problems here. Please make sure you run FBackup.exe from the "Program Files" folder, not the installer.

Sylfyd

Post by Sylfyd »

Hi,

I also want to move the FBackup Start Menu folder to a separate folder dedicated to system utilities, and I experience exactly the same issue as BruceH with the latest versions, currently build 396.

Apparently, if the folder "FBackup 5.0" is not present in the Start Menu root, the program reinstalls this folder as well as the desktop icon. This icon/shortcut reinstallation only occurs if the folder "FBackup 5.0" is absent in the Start Menu root.

I have solved this issue temporarily by hiding the "FBackup 5.0" folder, but a more rigorous solution would be appreciated. Thanks,

Best regards, Niels

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

With FBackup 5 you are not allowed to move or delete the FBackup folder from the start menu.
If you delete it, when you start the application it will be recreated.