Fbackup Encryption settings not saved

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
I cannot reproduce the problem here.

Do you have the same problem if you create a new backup job?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Nemetz

Post by Nemetz »

I created a new encrypted backup of a single folder, saved it to a network destination, quit FBackup, restarted, same problem as before. Reconfigured it to save to local HD; made no difference. I'm running Windows 7.

steve64_64

Post by steve64_64 »

I'm running v 4.6 build 263.
I too had this issue and found a solution, at least in my instance...and I'm not sure why it worked but it did. This problem only appeared after updating to 263.
Here is what I did to resolve this issue:
After following the Admin directions above, I tried creating a new project and it too had the same configuration error after I re-opened the program the first time after creating it (I left the original project, not deleting it but making the changes to the configuration setting again). When I made the necessary corrections, saved and closed the software and then re-opened for the 2nd time, the issue re-appeared on the new project. I did not check the status of the original project at this time as I was looking to see if I'd done something wrong creating the new one.
Out of frustration, I deleted the new project, and was going to delete my original project when I noticed the error was no longer present.
This was after re-starting the program the 2nd time after making the necessary changes to the new project. I re-started the program multiple times that afternoon and it always opened with no configuration errors. I did this last Thursday the 15th. I've restarted the computer multiple times since then and the original project still retains the configuration settings. I no longer see the error message at start-up of the program. It appears it has been resolved.
How creating a new project, getting the same configuration error, correcting it, saving and closing it, re-opening the program, then deleting the new project, only to have the original project now operating normally, I cannot say why.
Obviously YMMV.

danhuk007

Post by danhuk007 »

I'm having the same problem too on all machines I've got fbackup (4.6.263) installed on:
[20/03/2012 12:00:11] Error: Backup aborted. Reason:

The following errors prevent this backup job from running correctly. Please open "Backup Properties" and fix them. You will not be able to run this backup job until all "Configuration" problems are solved.

Zip encryption method not set or invalid (see "Compression" page)

Backup aborted at 20/03/2012 12:00:12 with 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Can any of you give me access to his computer using TeamViewer to see what the problem is?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
I was able to reproduce the problem here and we will fix it.

frogman_d

Post by frogman_d »

I am having the following error on version 4.7 Build 266. All my schedules are this way. I have tried to recreate backups and after closing and re-opening program the same error comes up on the new job.
The following errors prevent this backup job from running correctly. Please open "Backup Properties" and fix them. You will not be able to run this backup job until all "Configuration" problems are solved.

Configuration

Schedulers

fba_Minecraft Backup.job

Application not set or invalid
In the job under Scheduler I have a status of The task will not run at the scheduled times because it has been disabled. I went into windows task scheduler and the tasks are disabled. If I enabled them and re-open FBackup4 again they disable.

CoryMyers

Post by CoryMyers »

I have exactly the same problem as frogman_d. I just upgraded to 4.7 266. Everything worked fine prior to the upgrade. Then I had the "View configuration errors" message - exactly the same. I also tried deleting and recreating the backup job. I can clear the error on a one-time basis but it reappears when I reopen Fbackup.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
We found the problem and we fixed it. Please download the new setup from http://www.fbackup.com/quick-download.php