Restore email folders in Vista's mail

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
flowolf

Post by flowolf »

I had to reinstall everything on my PC but had made a backup from my email. I had my email organized in subfolders and I can't restore the folders using the Restore Wizard from FBackup nor by using the IMPORT function in Window's MAIL. FBackup tells me there are 69 errors when restoring and it hasn't restored anything...

From Windows Mail-Import messages I get a message that the folder is empty but when I check the backup disk in the finder I can see and access my folders. I can doubleclick on the individual emails and they will open but only then can I see the Subject header, the name of the sender etc. This is probably due to compression but... my question is... how can I import (restore) entire folders in Windows Mail and get my docs back properly?
Thanks in advance.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send me the last restore log from View->Job Logs->Last restore log to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

flowolf

Post by flowolf »

Strangely enough, when I shut down the computer and turned it on the next day, I got an error window saying Mail recovered from a serious crash (or something like that) and to my great surprise, my backup emails were restored, including folders..?? So I guess it's solved and I am very relieved because this will save me a lot of time and frustration...